What have you got for me today?

When Doctor Who regenerates he looks different physically, but he is the same "inside". That is how we see our journey into getting healthier and losing weight while dealing with my diabetes. Join us on our travels as we try to navigate the ups and downs of a healthy regeneration!!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Rainy Days & Mondays & weigh ins always get me down

Dave 299.2
Shannon 215.8


I know, I know... We havent gained, I should be jumping for joy :) Last week was difficult, between Dave's neck pain, my hand pain and post funeral things to do, we didn't get to walk at all.

Dave got a semi workout yesterday, his parents got some new furniture and gifted us their old (well, not "old" its less than 4 years old) couch and loveseat, which was awesome since our couch broke and the cats had killed the upholstery on the loveseat. He went to his parents to load up and he and his dad bright it back and he had to move the old stuff down to the basement.. so he did a lot more than I did.

Saturday and Sunday I got to indulge in one of my favorite past times.... watching the Food Network. Dave and I both agreed Giada was rocking the cleavage on her Mother's Day episode.

We haven't had red meat in about 3 weeks, and we were both really wanting steak, so last night I made filet mignon with béarnaise sauce, baked potatoes, and baked garlic shrimp. I am very proud of my picky eater of a husband, not only did he TRY the béarnaise, he really liked it!! Those of you that know Dave know that's pretty amazing.



We enjoyed our dinner and settled down to watch Julie & Julia (to round out our weekend of food tv) and both of us loved it. If I had to break it down, I would have to say I enjoyed the Julia parts more than the Julie (although Dave and I both adore Amy Adams), Meryl Streep was just too funny. I am going to need to find a biography on her and read it.

Sometime this week I will be attempting to make mashed "potatoes" out of cauliflower, Dave has agreed to try it even though he hates the stuff so I can't wait to see how that goes!!

Today is a really really really rainy day, flash flood watches everywhere, so I doubt we'll be walking tonite, and we already have plans tomorrow night, so it looks like at least Wednesday before walking resumes....

On an upbeat note, the conclusion of the Doctor Who 2 parter with River Song was awesome... Stephen Moffat is subtly throwing things in that will culminate in the finale in June (I HATE that a British TV season is only 13 episodes long). Sad thing is, the US is 2 episodes behind what the UK is showing so I really don't have anyone but Dave to speculate with since we are watching them ahead of BBCA, totally frustrating!!!

sigh

1 comment:

  1. I loved Julie & Julia too! Meryl Streep was phenomenal.

    Re cauliflower mashed potatoes: We've done this for a long time. If you use about 50% real potatoes and 50% cauliflower, you may have better results. Although my BF uses no 'taters at all and swears her family can't tell the difference!

    ReplyDelete