What have you got for me today?

When Doctor Who regenerates he looks different physically, but he is the same "inside". That is how we see our journey into getting healthier and losing weight while dealing with my diabetes. Join us on our travels as we try to navigate the ups and downs of a healthy regeneration!!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Adminisrative Asst Week Weigh In

April 19, 2010

Dave 297
Shannon 215.4

I have to say this first weigh in was a huge disappointment for me. I lost a whopping .6 of a pound. But to be fair I have to say (cause if I don't I will get a face from Dave) in all fairness, I'm suffering from PMS, and considering our metabolisms have come to screeching halt because we quit smoking I am lucky I lost ANYTHING. He, on the other hand lost 3 pounds!! I'm so proud of him.

He has really been good this last week with portion control and eating healthier things. We keep food journals online on the Fitday website and we are both struggling with the same problem, we are not eating enough calories for weight loss and finding things to up that number while staying under the fat and carb ratio is NOT easy.

I got to work and one of my co-workers came in with flowers and a card and the announcement that he was taking me to Red Lobster for lunch for Administrative Asst Week...that cheered me right up!!

I was really good, I had broiled flounder, no veggies, shrimp cocktail and salad with vinagrette dressing..and only 2 cheddar biscuits (oh the calories I must have burned restraining my self from reaching for that basket!)




1 comment:

  1. Take measurements... the scale can be fickle... and look at trends over time...

    ReplyDelete