What have you got for me today?

When Doctor Who regenerates he looks different physically, but he is the same "inside". That is how we see our journey into getting healthier and losing weight while dealing with my diabetes. Join us on our travels as we try to navigate the ups and downs of a healthy regeneration!!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Embarrasing Bike Adventure

April 10, 2010

They say you never forget how to ride a bike...that may be true but nobody ever told me it hurts like hell when you haven't done it for 20+ years.

The day started out fun enough. We met our friends Jay and Ann in Little Five Points to eat at the Vortex, its a place we love but very rarely get to go. When lunch was over we drove down to Mama & Daddy's to get the bike they were giving me!!! I was REALLY excited.

Until I got on it and rode a few feet. I was beyond shocked to find....it hurt

Dave and I took off down the road, I made it about 200 yards before I found I was actually starting to cry from the pain. Laying in the road and dying seemed like a real option at the time. Imagine my big surprise to find that a 41 year old can't ride a bicycle like a 12 year old!

So, the bike adventure did not last long. Talk about having your bubble burst.

That night after dinner we went for a walk to the cemetery in their town so that I could try to stretch out the muscles that were revolting on me, we didn't have a way to figure how long the distance was but we are guessing the trip there and back was about a mile.

One benefit of the day was that I slept ALL night that night and it had been a very long time since that had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment