What have you got for me today?

When Doctor Who regenerates he looks different physically, but he is the same "inside". That is how we see our journey into getting healthier and losing weight while dealing with my diabetes. Join us on our travels as we try to navigate the ups and downs of a healthy regeneration!!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tax Day Hike

Several places around the US were having "tax day specials". One place was Boston Market, it was buy one get one free, so we went for a turkey dinner which was actually very good, but it had a lot of carbs

After dinner we headed to a county park near our house, Mountain Park Park (no thats not a typo). They have a one mile multipurpose track so we set about to do a mile in 20 minutes!!



We had spent the previous two days resting my legs because to be honest, I had pushed it and could barely move without extreme pain so I was anxious to see how I would handle this mile. Dave set his timer and off we went, it was a fun way to walk, lots of people there. We did surprisingly well, we did a mile in 18:30... I was so excited I insisted we do another one, just to see if I could. I was convinced our time would be much slower. It was indeed slower, BY 5 SECONDS...can you hear the excitement with which that was typed? Needless to say we were both very proud of ourselves and each other

No comments:

Post a Comment