What have you got for me today?

When Doctor Who regenerates he looks different physically, but he is the same "inside". That is how we see our journey into getting healthier and losing weight while dealing with my diabetes. Join us on our travels as we try to navigate the ups and downs of a healthy regeneration!!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hard Labor Creek (State Park #2)

April 17 2010

Today marks the opening day of Renn Fair, it also marks the first time in I don't know how long I wasn't there. We decided to hike instead.

Our plan had been to get up early and get the hiking done and get back home and spend the day chilling out. While we were driving to the park, I told Dave he should call his friend Dan to see if he wanted to go with us. Dave and Dan had always loved doing things outside together, so I thought it might be fun for all of us to go.

After stopping to watch Dan's daughters softball game, taking him home to change clothes and a lunch at Chili's (I had guiltless grill chicken and black beans thank you very much) and driving about 30 miles we arrived at Hard Labor Creek park.

They have two trails that are 1 mile each and if done the right way you can walk both loops to get 2 miles without backtracking.

The hike was fun, lots of elevation changes and we got to see 6 wild pigs!!! The very end was difficult for me as it was a pretty steep incline but I did the two miles only having to stop twice because I couldn't breath.

I honestly think that the day was more fun than if we'd gone to Renn Fair, I felt really good after the hike and Dave got to spend the day with his buddy.











No comments:

Post a Comment