What have you got for me today?

When Doctor Who regenerates he looks different physically, but he is the same "inside". That is how we see our journey into getting healthier and losing weight while dealing with my diabetes. Join us on our travels as we try to navigate the ups and downs of a healthy regeneration!!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Perceived Extertion Scale

I mentioned this in a previous post, so I thought I would post it. No, this is not the real scale, but I like this one better because its funny, and funny is what gets me thru the tough times

* Level 1: I'm watching TV and eating bon bons
* Level 2: I'm comfortable and could maintain this pace all day long
* Level 3: I'm still comfortable, but am breathing a bit harder
* Level 4: I'm sweating a little, but feel good and can carry on a conversation effortlessly
* Level 5: I'm just above comfortable, am sweating more and can still talk easily
* Level 6: I can still talk, but am slightly breathless
* Level 7: I can still talk, but I don't really want to. I'm sweating like a pig
* Level 8: I can grunt in response to your questions and can only keep this pace for a short time period
* Level 9: I am probably going to die
* Level 10: I am dead

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the hard work! Eventually, it will pay off. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Long as we don't hit a 10 we will be all good LOL

    ReplyDelete